Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Would love your ideas

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Paganism

Previous :: Next  
LaurelHK Post number 27612 Posted: 22nd August 2022     Subject: Would love your ideas
https://www.sococommin.net/post/what-s-in-a-name
Mike The Blacksmith Post number 27613 Posted: 23rd August 2022     Subject:
Laurel, thanks for the post.

Gave me something to ponder.

Pagan, a branch of the World Religion Tree like Abrahamic is. With it's own branched or new growth on a dead branch?
Or should the tree be more in the form of a coppice, Not branches but separate stems growing from a base root system?
Indigenous religions, how have they changed over time? and are some pagan paths just trying to reclaim their indigenous religion. (We were all indigenous at one time.)

I have called myself pagan for more than 50 years. I think I still have a "Born again Pagan " button somewhere:)
My path has always been beyond the sidewalks, Nature and Mother Earth have always been at the center.
My Animist path is my way of living with the deepest respect for the ground we tread on.

Planet Earth is just Easter Island on a larger scale, we need to treat it better.

Bright Blessings from the Forest,
Mike the Blacksmith
LaurelHK Post number 27614 Posted: 23rd August 2022     Subject:
Mike, this is exactly what I need to hear. I just wanted to see how people identify these days. Personally, I do believe that Paganism does include all our traditions and paths, but have heard that not all are on board with this. I so appreciate your thoughts!

Laurel
Morgana Post number 27615 Posted: 24th August 2022     Subject:
One of the reasons why the Pagan Federation ever came into being was the 'Anti-defamation' work.

When PF International started to become active and was established/ ventured into mainland Europe it was crucial to continue this work.
As paganism became more mainstream it was still necessary I believe to make sure that people are aware of our long history.

I have participated in Academic discussions, and also written papers on the very subject of the 'P' word. (I don't know how many times I have been asked not to use the 'P' word... )

In 2015 I uploaded my paper: 'Paganism as a cultural phenomenon in Europe' to our Wiccan magazine, Wiccan Rede Online, see:
https://wiccanrede.org/ ... n-in-europe/

Since then I have elaborated on this theme and within Interfaith discussions, I have expanded the subject to discuss 'anti-pagan discrimination'.

Last year, on Sunday November 28, 2021, I gave a talk in the online meeting, organised by IARF/ the International Association for Religious Freedom: ,

"Morgana Sythove, a leading figure in the International Pagan Federation and the Pagan community in the Netherlands, as well as a member of the Dutch Chapter of the IARF, will speak on “Religious discrimination and the misappropriation of symbols"

See: https://www.facebook.co ... ref=newsfeed

I think it is very important to talk about NeoPaganism and I do regard myself as a Pagan, but I am also an Urban... of the town.
Ultimately we are all 'People of the Earth' and along with many Indigenous People represent about 1 billion people.
Our story needs to be told! Past & Present.

Bright Blessings,
Morgana
LaurelHK Post number 27623 Posted: 27th August 2022     Subject: Thank you
Thank you, Morgana for your wonderful reply! I enjoyed reading your talk in the Wiccan magazine. We at Cherry Hill are talking about doing a panel about the use of the term Pagan. This was prompted by me wondering why our CHS mission does not have Pagan in the mission statement. It is in our Vision statement, but not our mission and as we approach accreditation, we need to review our mission. Would you be interested to be on that panel?
Best,
Laurel
Morgana Post number 27624 Posted: 29th August 2022     Subject:
Yes Laurel I would be most interested in the panel.

BTW I have just completed a survey for CHS - so you can connect with me there too. [Very happy]

Bright Blessings,
Morgana
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Paganism
Show YouTube films