Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Under the Moon: The Magick of Following Shadow and Light

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Paganism

Previous :: Next  
Morgana Post number 27458 Posted: 23rd February 2022     Subject: Under the Moon: The Magick of Following Shadow and Light
Under the Moon: The Magick of Following Shadow and Light, Part 1 of 2
FEBRUARY 17, 2022 BY IRISANYA MOON

No matter what kind of witch or magick maker you might be, there’s a good chance you’ve followed the moon. You’ve looked up at brilliant bright in the nighttime sky and took a deep breath. Perhaps you offered a moment of silence or you screamed into the fading light.

You created a spell of connection to that glowing orb that seems to follow the path of transformation and revealing. And you’ve likely wondered if you too could grow and hide when you needed to look away.

New Moon
Nature offers us metaphors for becoming and releasing. The moon allows us to see the cycle, the way things never stay still. The way things continue to shift. I begin with the new moon, the darkness of knowing that something resides in the sky, but it is not at the right angle to be illuminated.

Spell idea:

Go outside and write on a piece of paper all the things you want to grow in your life in the time between the New Moon and the Full Moon. Hide the paper and don’t look at it again unless you’re in the growing light of the Moon. Read it to the sky during the Full Moon. Let the light shine down on your words. Take a breath into the possibility that growing might take more than two weeks. Follow your heart with what needs to happen to that piece of paper. Perhaps it needs to be buried in the ground or burned or it needs to sit on the altar until the next New Moon – perhaps the spell needs to continue until what you desire comes into being.

Waxing Moon / Growing Moon
When I’m faced with things in life that are not here yet, but that I want, I know I will linger in the liminal. It is easy, even expected, to get impatient and to wonder why things aren’t the way we want them to be. But because I’m looking so far ahead, I’m not seeing what IS happening – growth. Slow, even incremental, but still growth.

If I stop to look at a flower, I will see that things do not blossom all the time. It begins its journey to opening and revealing, but even then, I can’t be sure what it will look like when it fully emerges.

Spell idea:
Collect offerings for an altar of gratitude. This might look like small stones or gems or other beautiful things that resonate with the energy of acknowledgment. Clearly say out loud or in your mind that you witness the in-between and that you are grateful for what is coming. It can be wise to repeat that you are grateful for what is coming as many times as you need to really feel it in your bones.

Full Moon
And there are also times when I am fully in my power. There are moments where I feel my desires align with my actions and my life reveals all the things I wanted to see. But in the light are also the ways in which being fully seen is a vulnerable moment. The vulnerability of becoming full is the place where we can also see the craters and the places that aren’t quite smooth yet.

Because nothing is perfectly smooth. Ever. The Full Moon asks me to remember that in my fullness is the opportunity to see what doesn’t arrive and what doesn’t. This moon also asks me to remember that just because there is fullness now doesn’t mean that I will be satisfied. I might only long for more.

Is that lunacy? Is that being drunk on the moonlight? Perhaps, but it might also be the impetus that brings us back through the cycle of moon magick.

Spell idea:

Make moon water to quench the thirst of all your desires and to toast the culmination of your efforts as they become fully seen. Take a large bowl of water and place it in the light of the Full Moon. You can whisper to the water, sing to the water, drop spells into the water with your fingers, or just hold it until it feels full. Only you know when that is. It might take a day or two for the water to feel ready. Trust you will know when this moment is. At that moment, take a sip if it doesn’t contain anything that might be harmful to you. And if you filled it with non-edible things, place the water in a bottle and anoint yourself with the blessed water before you complete your working.

To be continued….

See: https://www.patheos.com ... part-1-of-2/
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Paganism
Show YouTube films