Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Is Passato Remoto a 'Problem'?

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Italian language forum

Previous :: Next  
Spadekevin Post number 24698 Posted: 18th July 2018     Subject: Is Passato Remoto a 'Problem'?
Hi,

Should I fear that content with lots of passato remoto will be less useful or tangential or *gasp* damaging to my true desire for more conversational Italian down the road?
My inclination is to not worry about it and just read. I remember the AJATT guy fielding questions where people were worried that anime would somehow damage their Japanese as it wasn't "normal" Japanese. His response was basically that Japanese anime was still Japanese, perhaps with some funny voices and odd sayings. If you got really good at understanding anime, it isn't some big leap to understand "normal" Japanese. My thoughts on passato remoto are similar. I think I should just read a s**t ton of content (popup dictionary at the ready) and it will work out in the end. I don't mind a slight detour, if any exists. Admission: I have been known to be easily sidetracked finding the "right" material and writing tools to process it into the "right" format and sorting it and collecting it onto all my devices and then realizing I should first process the vocabulary or some other thing and generally doing everything but actually USING the content. So my recent years of language learning are heavily slanted toward "good enough". But I am curious about other opinions as I'm sure I'm not the only person to have thought about this. What say you?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?t=7974
Online Advertisement Example

Thanks!
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Italian language forum
Show YouTube films